These guidelines were developed to enhance your experience of the EICX.
The EICX is for you to enjoy, trade ideas, get answers to questions and share information. We strive to maintain an open atmosphere, where visitors may feel comfortable during their visit to our message board. We have developed these Community Standards to help maintain this atmosphere. We request you follow these guidelines while visiting our area. In most cases, common sense and the Golden Rule of "treat others as you wish to be treated" can guide your actions.
While visiting the EICX, you are a part of our community. The standards that are to be followed, or imitated, are developed by our staff using the accepted rules of our online society. Since the EICX is a private -- not a public -- forum, we have the right to censor any material we find unsuitable for any or all portions of our environment.
Within this document are a series of guidelines. We do not intend to pressure, harass, or play "Big Brother" towards your activities in the EICX. However, to maximize the enjoyment of the majority of our visitors, we must consider the overall community feeling of the EICX.
- Community - A body of people living in a social relationship.
- Standard - A model to be followed or imitated.
- Member or visitor - A user of EICX
By using or visiting the EICX, you agree to and are bound by the following:
Any conduct by you that, according to Encounter International decision, restricts or inhibits any other member from using or enjoying the EICX will not be permitted and may result in the deletion of your message(s). You may not post or use the EICX to:
Here are some examples of prohibited conduct:
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort upon another visitor or user of the EICX or other person or entity.
- Post or transmit sexually explicit messages or other content which is deemed by Encounter International to be offensive.
- Transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable content.
- Impersonate any person, including but not limited to, an Encounter International staff member or a EI client, or communicate under a false name or a name that you are not entitled or authorized to use.
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialog in a topic thread or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other members.
- Post any false or personal information relating to Encounters International or it's clients.
- Post any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other members, individuals, or entities.
- Post any messages of an Illegal nature.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law.
The guidelines listed are a broad basis from which to make finite judgments. This list is for the continued benefit of all concerned with the EICX. Through this list, all parties can make definite decisions as to what actions, and messages are considered indecent or inappropriate for the different areas of the system they will be on. If there is a "questionable call", the decision will be left to the staff of Encounters International or our designee.
- Harassment. When a member targets another individual or entity to cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention, or other discomfort, this is harassment. Encounter International does not condone harassment in any form. We may delete any message(s) if you harass others. You may have a disagreement with someone's point of view - we encourage lively discussion in our message boards - but personal attacks, or attacks based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disablement, or other such affiliation, are prohibited. If you have a disagreement with someone's point of view, address the subject, not the person.
- Offensive Communication. The EICX includes many different communities. Our goal is to provide an interesting, stimulating, and fun place for every member of each community. Using vulgar, abusive or hateful language undermines this goal and is not allowed. Please use your best judgment and be respectful of other members. If you use vulgar, or abusive language online, even if masked by symbols or other characters, your message may be removed.
- Disruption. This includes purposefully interfering with the normal flow of dialog. Room disruption may occur by posting inflammatory, derogatory, or other types of disruptive messages, or by acting in such a way as to antagonize, harass, or create hostility in a message post.
EDITING AND DELETING CONTENT
Encounters International reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete any information, content appearing in our areas, if we deem necessary regardless of whether it violates the Community Standards.
Encounter International may periodically archive old posts or inactive topics and/or reorganize posts under grouping topics.
Member agrees to indemnify and hold Encounters International harmless from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to member's violation of the Community Standards, including these rules or any information, software, or other content placed on the service by the member.
These guidelines are presented as a basis for your conduct on and within the EICX environment, and designed to help you and others maximize your enjoyment of our services. We hope you enjoy your visit to the EICX!